Thursday, May 31, 2012

Two!

Our sweet little Kate is TWO!  How in the world did that happen??  Crazy! 

We had a blast celebrating her 2nd birthday.  We celebrated the weekend before her actual birthday so that my mom could be with us.  We started the day off by going bowling.  Kate LOVED it and had a great time rolling the ball down the lane.  She did not like it when she failed to knock the pins down and would say, “I missed.”  None of us bowled to well that day – pretty sad when your two year old almost beats you her first time bowling!

IMG_0617

IMG_0623IMG_0629IMG_0633

After bowling, we came home and Kate had a nap.  During her nap, we decorated the house and wrapped her presents.  When she woke up, we ate pizza at her request and opened presents.  She was so excited to see so many gifts just for her!

S7009621S7009625S7009626S7009628S7009630S7009631S7009633S7009634S7009637S7009639S7009640S7009644

And what birthday would be complete without a cake from Costco?!  I think I was looking forward to her cake more than she was!

S7009646S7009647S7009648

Here are some pictures of her actual birthday which we celebrated by again having pizza for dinner, opening more presents, going to the park, and then ending the night with some delicious DQ blizzards!

S7009683

S7009685S7009687S7009692S7009695S7009696S7009701S7009703S7009706S7009709

We are quite impressed with Kate at two.  She is very intelligent and so much fun.  She LOVES to run and runs everywhere she goes.  She enjoys reading and has a number of her books almost completely memorized – books like Just a Mess and I just Forgot by Mercer Mayer, The very Hungry Caterpillar, Curious George Goes to an Ice Cream Shop etc.  Kate also loves to play with friends and is very social.  She likes to make others laugh and has fun telling jokes.  She is very tender hearted and so sweet and loving.  I am so thankful for the blessing of being this sweet, beautiful, thoughtful, and intelligent little girl’s mother!

At her two year check-up, Dr. Grossman said that Kate is healthy and strong!  Her two year stats are:

Height: 34 and 1/2 inches (75th percentile)

Weight: 27 pounds (5oth percentile)

Head Circumference: 46 centimeters (25th percentile)

The little stinker was just fine stepping on the “big girl” scale to be weighed but when we asked her to put her heels up against the wall so that we could see how tall she was, she refused!  We had to lay her down on the baby scale so that we could measure her height like they do for babies.  I thought that was a little funny.  While at her appointment, Kate had to get a Hepatitis A shot.  I didn’t tell her or give her any warning because I knew she would really freak out.  She of course cried and screamed when she was poked but after some snuggling and me pointing out how neat her sparkly band-aid was, she calmed down and was just fine.  Good thing she doesn’t need any more vaccinations until she goes to kindergarten!

Kate, you are love of our lives!  Thank you for joining our family and teaching us about what is really important in life!

2 comments:

  1. She is ADORABLE! Looks like you had a wonderful day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of that hair!

    We need to have another birthday soon - just for some more Costco cake :)

    ReplyDelete