Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Fun

I used to think that summer was my favorite season.  I now realize that I enjoy fall so much more than I do summer – you get most of the benefits of summer with with the most wonderful temperature and the most beautiful colors!  The last few weekends, we have been taking advantage of the beautiful weather and the fun things to do around Midland.  A few weeks ago we went to Leaman’s Apple Farm.  They had so much to do their – a cute little train ride, a hay ride, slides, a corn maze etc.  We went with some families from church and had a wonderful time.  They also make the BEST cider doughnuts.  I normally am not the biggest fan of doughnuts as I would much rather have a cookie.  However, these doughnuts were amazing.  I easily could have devoured them all myself.  Good thing I had to share with James and Kate.  Kate knows a good thing when she sees one.  When I opened the package to hand out the doughnuts, we had six normal size doughnuts and one mini doughnut.  I tried to give Kate the mini doughnut thinking it would be the perfect size for her.  She disagreed and quickly grabbed her normal size doughnut out of the package.  She ate the whole thing too.

S7008426S7008427S7008428S7008429S7008430S7008431S7008433S7008434S7008436S7008437S7008438S7008439S7008441

 

Yesterday, we went to Grandma’s Pumpkin Patch.  We didn’t let Kate ride on the train at Leaman’s because she got kind of bored on the hayride while we were there and we were worried that she might get bored on the train ride as well.  Since w we couldn’t ride with her, we just thought we would not chance it.  I think we scarred our daughter.  When we got home, she sat down on the big package of bottled waters that we have and pretended she was on a train.  She put her hand in the hair and while pulling her hand down said, “choo-choo!”  Needless to say when we saw that Grandma’s Pumpkin Patch had a very similar train, we let Kate go for her train ride.  She loved it!  She said, “choo-choo!” multiple times throughout her ride.  We also let Kate pick out a pumpkin that we will carve later in the month.  As we were buying the pumpkin, there was a boy buying some ice cream.  Of course Kate saw the ice cream and wanted some.  We didn’t think it could be that expensive so we let her get an ice cream sandwich.  It ended up costing more than the pumpkin!  Oh, well.  At least she enjoyed it and we enjoyed our day.

S7008511S7008512S7008515S7008517S7008518S7008520S7008522S7008523S7008524

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you...fall is definitely my favorite! I love the pumpkin patch--it was the perfect day. I'm glad Kate loved the train at Grandma's, and the ice cream too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - we haven't been there yet this year and after seeing your pictures we just might have to head on over there! Glad you guys had such a great time :)

    ReplyDelete