It was such a beautiful day today that when Kate and I picked James up from his LAST CLASS EVER (!) we decided to take her to the park. Once we arrived at the park, I smeared some sunscreen on her and then told James he could take Kate over to the playground and I would join them once I cleaned off my hands (I seriously despise the way sunscreen feels on my hands). James took Kate over to the grass and set her down. She was leaning up against his legs and then once she saw the swings, she got so excited and took off – that’s right she took her first unassisted steps! She took about 4 steps before almost falling. Luckily James was there to catch her. I can’t believe I missed her first unassisted steps! When I came over, James told me what Kate had done and I didn’t believe him so he tried to get her to do it again – and she did! This time, just three steps! So exciting!
Since then, she has only taken two consecutive steps on her own. We have been bribing her with food. Once she takes a step I giver her a bite. I guess I need to have her take two steps and the give her a bite. Then three steps, then four…
We are so proud of you, Katers!
No comments:
Post a Comment