Happy Nine Month Birthday, Katers! We love you so much and are so happy you joined our family! You make our lives so much brighter and so fulfilling. Today we took you to the doctor to have your nine month check-up and you are a very healthy baby. You were also very well behaved for Travis while he checked you out. As of today, you weigh 18 pounds, 12 ounces (50th percentile) and are 28.5 inches long (80th percentile). Just like your cute little feet, your head has not grown very much since you were born. At 9 days old your head circumference was 40.5 cm and today it was 43 centimeters (22nd percentile).
After visiting the doctor, we took you home and gave you a nap. When you woke up, I went in to get you and noticed that you had something brown on your face. I got worried thinking that you were bleeding but couldn’t tell where the blood was coming from. Then I thought maybe you somehow ate a chocolate chip in bed. THEN, I noticed these marks on your crib:
And quickly realized you were acting like a beaver and gnawing on your crib. Kate, wood is not something we eat. If you are hungry, just let me know and I will give you something you can eat!
While you were napping I read the handout we got at the doctor’s office and it said you could have cheese and yogurt at this age, so When you woke up we had some lunch which was leftover spaghetti. We decided to see if you liked it (I hadn’t given you any before because of the cheese sauce it had). You LOVED it!
We then took Dad to school so that he could meet with a few groups and you and I went grocery shopping. I bought you some Mum-Mums (which you devoured), cherry juice (the doctor said it would be good for you), and some string cheese. Once we got home, you and I shared some string cheese and you thoroughly enjoyed that as well.
After another nap, we picked Dad up from school and headed to Costco – your favorite place. You had a great time riding this trike:
We would have bought it for you if only we had a little more room for it.
It was such a wonderful day. We love you so much and can’t believe how fast you are growing and how quickly you are learning. We can’t wait to see what the next 9 months bring!
I can't believe Kate is already 9 months old! You're pictures of her are so adorable.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm planning on getting a cap some time after the root canal (if my dentist ever gets back to me!). How long did you go without a cap on your tooth before it cracked? days? weeks? months? I'm hoping to get it on within a week of getting the root canal.
p.s. I just posed a pic of you and Kate in your Steeler colors at church on my blog. I hope that's ok. I'll totally take the pic off if you want.