Yesterday I was driving home after running a few errands and somehow I missed a GIANT pothole that was seriously the size of Texas. I wasn’t driving very fast – maybe 30mph, but since I didn’t see the pothole, I didn’t slow down. BAM! After I hit it, I thought, “I hope that doesn’t mess up the car,” and then didn’t think anything of it. I drove home (about two miles) and 30 minutes later I left to pick James up from school. I noticed that the car was pulling really badly to the left. When I got to James’ school our conversation went something like this:
Me: “So, I hit a humungous pothole today and now the car is acting weird.”
James: “What do you mean acting weird?”
Me: “Well, it is pulling really badly to the left.”
James: “What side did you hit the pothole on?”
Me: “The left.”
At this point, James gets out of the car (we hadn’t left the parking lot yet) and upon entering the car he says, “When you hit a big pothole like that it might be a good idea to look over your car. The tire is flat.”
Well, that explains a lot. My first flat tire and it could not come at a more inconvenient time. Poor James is in the middle of finals week which does not leave him much time to fix it. And one week from today we are supposed to leave for Michigan to look for a house. Sorry, James!
Oh no! I hope you got it fixed. Flat tires are so annoying.
ReplyDelete