Sunday, March 2, 2014

Blake is TWO!!

Two years ago today my baby came to this world.  It really does seem like just yesterday - I'm not sure where the last two years have gone.  I do know that it seems like he has ALWAYS been a part of our family and that I'm so incredibly blessed to be this guys momma!  Blake is very tender hearted - so sweet (most of the time :)).  He is opposite his sister in that he is quite shy and takes awhile to warm up to others, but once he does he doesn't forget you!  He is really very big for his age.  Everyone who asks me he age is always surprised because they think he is older given how big he is. He hasn't had his two year check-up yet, so I'm not sure of his stats but at 18 months Blake was 34 and 1/2" tall (95th percentile), 30 pounds, 4 ounces (90-95th percentile), and his head circumference was 48 cm (50th percentile).  I am curious to see where he stacks up now.  He has recently started talking quite a bit in mostly complete sentences now.  He is loving to have books read to him now which I am so thankful for since he didn't seem to care for them much when he was a little younger.  Lately he has discovered Jake and the Neverland Pirates and he LOVES it!  He always asks to watch Jake and when it is over he asks for another one. 
To start his birthday week off, I took him to Barnes and Noble one day while Kate was at a friend's house.  Because it was his birthday week he got to pick between a cookie and a cupcake and we got it for free!  He picked a cookie but took one bite, spat it out and said, "Don't like it."  What?!  Who doesn't like a delicious ginormous cookie??  Oh, well, more for me, I guess!


 
Since his birthday was on a Sunday, we celebrated the day before.  We started the day off with pancakes and then when bowling which is what Blake wanted to do for his special day.  Anytime I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner, or what he wanted for presents, or what kind of cake he wanted he would just say, "Bowling. Go, go, go!"
 


 







 
After the kids whopped me in bowling (even with the bumpers I still only bowled an 85!) we came home and had some lunch.  For dinner we had pizza.  After dinner, Blake opened his presents.  He was in heaven!  He got a lawnmower that blows bubbles, a race car track, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Bucky the ship, some cars, a book, and a video.  Quite the hall if you ask me! 
 




 
After presents we enjoyed some delicious cake and ice cream - Blake had a hard time waiting until we were done singing before he ate his cake!  Who can blame him!
 
 







 
 
Happy Birthday, Blake!!  We love you so much and hope you had a special day!  You are such a wonderful addition to our family and we don't know what we would do without you!
 


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday cute boy! Looks like u had quite a fun weekend! We love u :) p.s. the cake turned out darling!!!

    ReplyDelete