While this winter has been relatively mild, we have received some snow recently. We were told by the ever so reliable meteorologists that we would only receive 9/10th of an inch of snow last Friday. Almost 4 inches later and sun the following day, what better thing to do than go sledding at City Forest?! Kate had a blast as did we! We will definitely need to go again!
On a side note, I am so thankful my Mom made it to our home safely Friday night. She left work in Ohio around 11 and was scheduled to arrive at our house around 4:30. My mom is terrified of driving in the snow but since we were supposed to get less than an inch, she braved it out and drove in the snow to our house. At first, the snow was not collecting on the roads – they were just wet. Then the temperature plummeted and so the snow began to stick and freeze causing dangerous driving conditions. My mom had made the trip to our house multiple times and has never once stopped for gas on the way because she always fills up ahead of time and can make it on one tank of gas. Well Friday as she was driving she had the thought to get off the highway and get more gas. She took the next exit only to discover that there were no gas stations. She got back on the highway and again felt impressed to get gas so she took the next exit and filled up. I am so thankful that my mom listened to the Spirit! A little after she got back on the highway, she called to tell me that I-75 was closed due to numerous accidents. Had she not stopped to get gas, she could have A) been involved in one of the multiple accidents or B) run out of gas while sitting on I-75 for over two hours waiting for it to re-open. Thank goodness for promptings from the Spirit! I hope I learned my lesson and the next time I feel prompted to do something that I am like my mom and act upon that prompting rather than ignoring it. My mom finally arrived at our house at almost 7 that night. Nothing like starting your weekend off by spending 7 hours in the car when it should take 4 hours, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment