Tuesday, December 13, 2011

18 Months

Okay, so I am a little behind.  Kate is now 19 months and I am just getting around to posting about her 18 month stats and progress.  Kate’s 18 month stats are:

Height: 32.5 inches (75th percentile)

Weight: 23 lbs., 2 oz. (25-50th percentile)

Head Circumference: 45.5 cm (25th percentile)

Don’t let the small size of her melon fool you.  Kate is quite intelligent (at least in my opinion and I am not biased or anything).  At 18 months, Kate can recognize and name her colors although she sometimes confuses orange with red and visa versa but usually she corrects herself.  She can recognize and name shapes such as circle, star, moon, square, and heart.  At 19 months she now knows oval, rectangle, and triangle. 

Kate is also becoming quite articulate.  She is better able to express herself and has recently started saying more complete sentences like, “I love you too!”  Sometimes she will say, “I love you best!”  Usually she says that when we are feeding her or doing something she wanted to do – it is pretty cute!  One day while we were cleaning up I said, “Hey miss, will you bring me…(whatever toy was laying on the floor) please?”  As she hands it to me she replies, “Here you go, miss!”  I died laughing.  I love how she just repeats everything we say!  This past Sunday while we were at church, Kate’s diaper needed to be changed.  The nursery worker brought Kate to the Relief Society room and as soon as Kate saw me she yells so EVERYONE can hear, “Mommy, poopy, stinky!  Mommy, poopy, stinky!”  Embarrassed much?

Kate seems to really enjoy going to nursery.  We only took her one week before she was actually 18 months to transition her in there but she has transitioned nicely and is happy to play with friends and and play-dough.  Kate recognizes pictures of Jesus and tells Him daily that she loves Him and that He is, “nice.”  She also loves to have James read the scriptures to her and loves to look at pictures of the temple.

Kate is taking a class called Baby Steps.  Once a week we go to the community center and Kate is able to develop her gross and fine motor skills.  She is better at jumping and LOVES to jump on the trampoline during class.  She is also fond of making baskets and pulling herself up on the bar and letting herself hang there until she can’t hold herself up any more.  She loves to run.  Especially in our basement.  We take her downstairs every night at her request and she runs from one side of the house to the other.  One night she literally ran for 30 minutes straight!  I think I found my new running buddy!

Kate has an obsession with hair accessories.  She loves to play with my hair-ties while I am getting ready in the morning.  The other morning she wanted to wear my headbands.  Apparently one headband was not enough:

S7008724 

I could go on and on about this cutie but I guess this is long enough.  I still can’t believe that she is a year and a half!  How do you make them stop growing so they can be your baby forever?!

No comments:

Post a Comment