Monday, September 26, 2011

Come Back, Please!

Kate LOVES my mom and that just makes my heart so happy!  We talk to my mom nearly everyday on the phone and when I say “we”,  I mean Kate.  I will put my mom on speaker phone and Kate will take my phone from me and talk to my mom while walking around the hotel room.  If I try to take the phone back so that I can actually talk to my mom, Kate gets extremely upset. 

Thankfully we don’t live very far from my mom and she comes to visit once a month or so.  She came last week and Kate was in heaven.  I quickly became her number two.  When she woke up from her nap she wanted Grammy, not me.  When we were walking down the stairs, she wanted to hold Grammy’s hand, not mine, and she wanted Grammy to play with her, not me.  So, so cute.  We are so thankful my mom is able to visit as often as she does and although we never really do anything super-duper fun we always seem to have a wonderful time. 

Sadly, my mom left on Saturday morning.  Later that day, Kate started talking about Grammy so I asked her if she wanted to call her and of course she did.  So I dialed up my mom, put her on speaker phone, and started babbling as soon as my mom answered.  Then she ran off with the phone and pleaded with my mom to, “Grandma, Come back please, back come please!”  We hope she does come back soon!  We love you, Grammy!

6 comments:

  1. So so cute! You are really lucky to live close to your mom. Mine came for a visit recently too and Josh was so sad to see her leave all the way back to California.

    Your house is looking great, by the way! I peek at it through the trees every day when I drive by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't watching them build relationships so fun!?! Miles loves to talk on the phone and skype with my mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a blessing to have others love your kids too and it's perfect when that special relationship really blossoms. When we leave to Nana's there is withdrawal for everyone (since it's so nice to have someone help you take care of and love them too!) I love that she can vocalize her feelings so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you're not second best, she just knows you're reliable :p

    Happy Birthday Tallahassee!! :)
    Sounds like you are loving life with your little fam -- here's to many happy years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your mom is close enough to come visit so much! Kate (and you) are super LUCKY to have grandma come and visit so often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have your mom close enough to come visit--you are both so lucky, and I'm sure she feels the same way.

    P.S. Love "Grammy"--that's what my kids call my mom too!

    ReplyDelete