Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th

We started our Independence Day off just right – with a DELICIOUS breakfast made by James.  French toast with strawberries, blueberries, and whip cream – yum! 

S7008164

Then, we thought we would try to take Kate to her first movie ever in the theater.  We took her to see Cars 2.  She has seen bits and pieces of Cars and seemed to like it, so we were hopeful that she would enjoy Cars 2 despite the fact that she is not the biggest fan of watching TV.  She LOVED the previews.  If the movie were a bunch of previews, I’d say that it would have been a success.  However, once the movie started, she was done.  So about twenty minutes into the movie, we left.  It probably didn’t help that the movie was during her nap time.  Oh, well.  So, we decided to take her to the splash park instead.  Kate loves the splash park and she had a blast getting soaked.  The best part is is that it is free!

S7008165S7008166S7008167S7008172S7008178S7008179

After the splash park and her nap, she got to taste her first dark chocolate Kit Kat.  We went to the store to pick up a dessert to take to the church later that night.  James and I decided we wanted to share a dark chocolate Reese’s and Kate was looking at the candy like she wanted something as well.  Since today was her first day of absolutely no nursing, James and I were both suckers and decided to let her pick something out.  She picked a Kit Kat.  I am pretty sure she thought it was amazing.

S7008181S7008185S7008186

We played with bubbles.

S7008188S7008189

Then around 8 that night, we headed to our church and played in the parking lot and had some delicious desserts while waiting for the fireworks to begin.  Poor Kate got so tired that she didn’t really care about the fireworks – she just wanted to come home and go to bed.  I have to admit, the fireworks seemed lame this year.  Hopefully next year they are better.  We did managed to have a wonderful 4th of July!

S7008190S7008191S7008192

1 comment:

  1. So cute! How did Kate do with no nursing? Miles screamed for an hour and a half three nights in a row when I stopped the night time feeding. It was not fun! But now were done and everyone is happy. I am so finding a splash park to take Miles to now that I have seen you pics. Looks like Kate had a blast!

    ReplyDelete